With guaranteed ocean views and an unrivalled location on the Platinum Coast, this award-winning resort has long been setting the standards of luxury hospitality in the Caribbean.
Accessed by an avenue of graceful coconut palms, the Fairmont Royal Pavilion commands a serene beachfront setting on Barbados’ beautiful west shoreline. The recently refurbished rooms and suites, which are as close to the ocean as they can get, have invitingly light and airy interiors, but it’s still the views that are their most impressive feature. Step out onto your terrace or balcony to find the Caribbean Sea spectacularly spread out before of you.
Days at the Fairmont are typically low-key and devoted to lounging on the half-mile stretch of golden beach, sunbathing around the lap-style pool or practising yoga with a certified instructor. But when you’re feeling active, there’s also complimentary water sports, tennis and the chance to swim with sea turtles. After dark, the Moorish-style Palm Terrace restaurant serves prime cuts of fish and meat, grilled to perfection in the wood fire grill, alongside live music from local jazz artists. Serving the catch of the day, the more casual poolside Taboras celebrates Bajan cuisine and the bounty of the Caribbean Sea.
Fairmont Royal Pavilion, at a glance
- A classic, five-star boutique resort with a prime beachfront setting on Alleynes Bay
- Framed by tall palm trees and 11 acres of lush native gardens
- Large balconies and terraces with unrivalled views of the Caribbean Sea
- 72 newly renovated rooms and suites with a direct beachfront setting
- Cream, grey and beige decor with traditional Bajan furnishings and hardwood floors
- Experience open-air dining at the two restaurants alongside low-key evening entertainment
- Full buffet breakfasts included in every stay
- Just a short drive from the capital city of Bridgetown
For leisure and pleasure
- Laze on the idyllic white sand beach or by the large swimming pool
- Full range of complimentary, non-motorised water sports equipment including kayaks, snorkelling gear, paddle boats, Hobie wave sailboats and stand-up paddleboards
- Complimentary access to the 24-hour state-of-the-art fitness centre
- Enjoy rejuvenating spa treatments in the comfort of your oceanfront room
- Experience traditional afternoon tea on the Taboras Terrace overlooking the ocean
- Enjoy family-style picnics and romantic torch-lit dinners on the beach
- Twice weekly yoga sessions with an experienced yoga instructor
- Outdoor tennis courts
- Take a guided tour of the tropical gardens