Set on the site of an actual Mayan plaza, this eco-hotel does not scrimp on luxury. The lush, surrounding jungle and the abundance of ancient Mayan architecture make the Chan Chich Lodge the perfect place to explore.
It is an eco-dream come true. You could stay in a thatched-roof cabana on the actual site of a Mayan plaza, surrounded by over 130,000 acres of unspoiled, private nature reserve.
You can walk through mile after mile of deep jungle trails, looking out for exotic birds, canopy creatures, monkeys and the highly elusive jaguar. You can explore Mayan archaeology, visit farms and coffee plantations, discover the wetland habitat of Laguna Seca – home to spider monkeys – or take part in night excursions to see the jungle from a different perspective.
Come to Chan Chich Lodge – leave with memories that will stay with you for the rest of your life.
Chan Chich Lodge, at a glance
- Authentic jungle setting on a Mayan plaza
- Just 12 thatched cabanas plus a two bedroom villa
- Wrap-around verandas and sustainable use of local hardwoods
- Screened pool and Jacuzzi
- Excellent restaurant and bar
For leisure and pleasure
- Fabulous opportunity for birders to see over 350 species, including toucans, parrots, hummingbirds, ornate hawk eagles, lovely cotinga and rose-throated tanager
- Walks including medicinal plant, birding, archaeological and night excursions
- Upper escarpment exploration
- Gallon Jug area tours to farms and plantations
- Canoeing and fly fishing
- Horse riding