Surround yourself in ancient mystique and jungle intrigue at the Lamanai Outpost Lodge, situated on the banks of a pristine, spring-fed lagoon amid the remnants of a major Maya city.
With 17 rustic, thatch-roof cabanas of varying sizes, the lodge features an open-air restaurant, bar and a full menu of activities. The lodge's all-inclusive system lets you choose tours you'd like to go on each day of your stay, such as a lagoon airboat ride, nature safaris, canoeing expeditions, bird-watching tours, a sunset cocktail cruise on the New River Lagoon, and a visit to the Lamanai ruins, which contain more than 700 mapped structures.
Climb the High Temple (33 metres / 108 feet) and be rewarded with a panoramic view of Belize and Guatemala. Arrive at the lodge via a tranquil riverboat ride, enjoying the wildlife as you cruise down the jungle-draped New River. The Lamanai Outpost Lodge is a great spot for couples, families, and small groups interested in nature, wildlife, and Maya ruins.
Lamanai, at a glance
- Jungle lodge set amidst an ancient Mayan city
- Just 17 authentic cabanas that match their jungle surroundings
- Interior décor follows the jungle/Mayan tradition
- Hardwood floors and en suites
- Fascinating jungle views
- Range of great regional and international food served in an open restaurant, within sight and earshot of birds and wildlife
For leisure and pleasure
- 28 mile long, spring-fed lagoon
- Guided tours of Lamanai Mayan ruins and Maya medicine trail
- Jungle at dawn trips with a qualified naturalist
- Nature walks and night expeditions
- Spotlight wildlife safari
- Sunrise canoe trips
- Sunset cocktail cruises across the lagoon
- Specialised activities including howler monkey trekking, airboat trips and crocodile encounters
- Native and night spear fishing
- Fantastic birding expeditions