One of the world’s greatest diving attractions lies beneath the surface. And above the waves Matachica Resort, with its flawless beach, is also pretty spectacular.
The world’s second largest barrier reef has to be mightily impressive for scuba divers and snorkelers. Even paddling over it in on of the resort’s sea kayaks is an experience you’re unlikely to forget. Add to the undersea world the possibility of taking helicopter tours over Ambergris Caye, the Blue Hole and destinations like Caracol and Placencia and your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Belize will turn into an entire procession of unforgettable experiences.
And staying at Matachica will be up there with them. The resort stands beside a perfect, white sand beach shaded by palms. A first class restaurant serves exquisite fresh food based on Belize delicacies. The Jade Spa will indulge, pamper and revitalise you, and the hammock on your private balcony will prove completely irresistible.
Matachica Resort & Spa, at a glance
- Exclusive resort standing beside a fine, white sand beach
- Opposite the world’s second largest coral reef
- Choice of 31 casitas, suites, villas, cabanas and bungalows
- One villa has two bedrooms
- Thatched roofs and vibrant colours reflecting typical Central American motifs
- Charming rustic furnishings and original art from around the world
- Large en suite bathrooms decorated with mosaic tiling
- Private patios with hammocks
- Extraordinary views over the beach and aquamarine sea
- Mambo Restaurant serving up regional specialities and great sea views
For leisure and pleasure
- Jade Spa offering an irresistible menu of restorative, revitalising and pampering treatments
- Fitness centre and Jacuzzi
- Outstanding scuba diving and snorkelling on the Belizean Barrier Reef – the second largest in the world
- Big game fishing for barracuda, grouper, snapper, bonefish and tarpon
- Sea kayaking, parasailing and windsurfing
- Heli-tours to the Blue Hole, Ambergris Caye, Placencia, Caracol and more
- Cave tubing
- Jungle adventure and Mayan civilisation tours