An eco-lodge surrounded by 185 acres of pristine jungle and with stunning views of the Pacific Ocean. El Remanso is the perfect place to stay when exploring the unspoiled nature of Costa Rica’s Osa Peninsula.
Costa Rica's remote and untamed southwestern tip, is home to the country's most beautiful and untouched nature. El Remanso lodge is perched on the hills overlooking the shimmering waters of the Pacific Ocean. Surrounded by dense jungle, guests are woken to the noise of howler monkeys and toucans in the trees.
The eco-lodge is 45 minutes by road from the nearest airport in Puerto Jimenez, which itself is a 50 minute flight from the capital, San José. It's also reachable by car if coming from other parts of the country.
El Remanso has 14 rooms, all of which face the ocean or jungle. Some of the larger rooms are perfect for families or groups and even come with their own private plunge pool. Solar energy powers the lodge, minimising its impact on the environment and all of the rooms have fans and hot water.
During your stay you'll have chance to explore the peninsula with el Remanso's expert guides. Nature trails, early morning bird-watching and even surfing are all possible from the lodge. For the adventurous, why not try rappelling down one of the hidden waterfalls in the jungle or fly through the forest canopy on a zip-wire.
Guests can explore the mangroves by kayak or take a boat in search of dolphins and whales, which come to the bay from August to November. Even Whale Sharks can be seen in February and snorkelling in the tranquil waters of the Golfo Dulce is possible throughout the year.
At the end of the day, guests can relax in the open-air bamboo restaurant and bar. Serving delicious local recipes, using fresh and organic ingredients from trusted farmers and ethical fisherman. There is also an outdoor swimming pool - a refreshing spot after a morning or afternoon of activities.
El Remanso, at a glance
- Eco-lodge on the southern-tip of Costa Rica's famous Osa Peninsula
- 14 modern rooms, all with views of the jungle or ocean
- Ideal for individual travellers, couples, families or groups
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Open-air restaurant serving fresh, locally sourced food
- One hour by plane from San José and a 45 minute drive from Puerto Jimenez airstrip
For leisure and pleasure
- Explore the dense jungle and wildlife of the Osa Peninsula
- One of the most bio-diverse areas on the planet
- Activities available at the lodge, accompanied by the lodge's own expert guides
- Bird-watching, nature trails, nocturnal activities
- Kayaking, surfing, boat-trips and snorkelling
- Zip-lining, waterfall rappelling and horse-riding