In the heart of the beautiful Antigua old town, El Convento is a sanctuary of hidden-away Guatemalan luxury.
El Convento is situated opposite the 18th century Capuchin convent on one of Antigua’s most charming cobbled streets. This luxury boutique hotel is a haven of brick vaulted ceilings, ancient stone passageways, private gardens and a sun lounge overlooking the quaint, red tiled roofs of the old city.
El Convento offers a more contemporary and standardised style with all rooms and areas of similar, modern décor with a colonial style. A great option for couples, families and small groups wanting a luxury accommodation as they currently allow children of all ages.
El Convento, at a glance
- Wonderful central location in a charming, cobbled street
- Choice of just 26 junior, standard and grand suites
- King-sized beds, spacious brick en suites with extra wide showers, hardwood floors, private gardens with cedar-roofed Jacuzzis, are all typical features of the larger suites
- Fine dining in a lovely, brick vaulted restaurant
For leisure and pleasure
- Breakfasting sun terrace overlooking the tiled roofs of Antigua
- Exceptional restaurant and wine cellar
- Delightful courtyard garden for relaxation
- Lap pool
- Superb base for taking city tours of Antigua and expeditions to the three volcanoes surrounding the town
- Minutes from the sights, markets, shops, restaurants and nightlife of this picturesque city