You could spend days marvelling at the botanical gardens, breathing the scent of roses and bougainvillea and watching exotic birds darting to and fro.
You could stroll through an ancient coffee plantation, across ravines on suspension bridges and on to dazzling waterfalls and sparkling pools. You can walk with huge butterflies in a tropical jungle of plants and orchids.
You could dive into the mystical, aquatic world of an 85,000 year old lake formed by a volcanic caldera. You could cross the lake - Central America’s deepest - to visit the intriguing towns and unspoiled villages on its shores.
And you can stay in complete luxury in one of the country’s most delectable hotels. It is all possible at Hotel Atitlan – truly a destination in its own right.
Hotel Atitlan, at a glance
- Unrivalled setting in superb gardens on the banks of Lake Atitlan
- Choice of 60 guest rooms, all individually decorated and luxuriously furnished
- Hand woven fabrics and rugs, hand crafted furniture, indigenous paintings and decorations
- Ceramic and marble tiled bathrooms
- Restaurant serving regional dishes using local produce
For leisure and pleasure
- Superb swimming pool and Jacuzzi overlooking the lake
- Walks through botanical gardens
- Bird watching and butterfly farm visits
- Diving in South America’s deepest lake
- Boat cruises to lakeside towns and villages
- Nature trekking through coffee plantations and beyond
- Fantastic mountain hiking
- Adventure sports including zip lining