Sprawling gardens in the shadow of the Colima Volcano provide the setting for this exquisite coral-pink hacienda, decorated in a traditionally Mayan way and set at the heart of a working ranch.
Beautifully restored from what was formerly a coffee plantation house, the 130-year-old property is today one of Mexico’s finest haciendas. The interiors and 25 suites of the great house are furnished on a grand scale with Mayan textiles, colonial antiques and hand painted frescoes. Leisure facilities include an outdoor pool and tennis court set in the pretty landscaped gardens, as well as a rooftop terrace with spectacular views. Gourmet, traditional Mexican dishes are prepared using organic produce grown on-site.
Nestled in the evergreen foothills of the Volcan de Colima, Hacienda de San Antonio lies at the heart of a 5,000-acre working ranch which can be explored on horseback or foot. Those feeling more adventurous can choose from hot air ballooning, sky diving and quad biking, unwinding with a private wellness class, yoga session or by simply wandering about the tranquil gardens.
Hacienda de San Antonio, at a glance
- Historic boutique hotel lying in the scenic Mexican highlands
- Rich history dating back to 1879
- 25 spacious suites with private balconies or terraces
- Grand suites have separate living areas and two wood-burning fireplaces
- Exquisite grounds, courtyards and gardens
- Beautifully decorated interiors in the traditional Mayan style
- Incredible views of the Colima Volcano
- Gourmet dining in a variety of settings, from the rooftop terrace to the gardens
For leisure and pleasure
- Large outdoor swimming pool and tennis court
- Walking and jogging routes
- Tours of the local coffee plantation, cheese factories and neighbouring village
- Birdwatching in the gardens
- Horseback riding, mountain biking and quad biking excursions
- Yoga and meditation with a local instructor
- Skydiving and hot air balloon rides
- Games room/library