Comprised of coral-hued walls and white mouldings, Hacienda Temozon is a refined, laidback retreat surrounded by tropical jungle in the Gulf of Mexico.
Occupying a stately 17th century hacienda, this polished hotel marries the colonial atmosphere of a former sisal plantation with the luxury of a private retreat. It is ideally situated for visits to the delightful town of Merida, as well as sacred cenotes and the impressive Mayan site of Uxmal.
The 28 individually furnished rooms come with soaring 18-foot ceilings, huge wooden double doors, private terraces and, in some cases, a small private swimming pool. An excellent restaurant overlooks the breathtaking gardens, whilst within the extensive grounds of the estate you’ll find a picturesque swimming pool, tennis courts, paths for walking and riding, and the restored sisal factory. The onsite Hol Be Spa, uniquely set in a cenote, offers a range of traditional Mayan treatments.
Hacienda Temozon, at a glance
- Charming hacienda hotel set amid lavish gardens in the heart of the famous Yucatan Peninsula
- 50 minutes’ drive north of Merida
- Traditionally decorated rooms and suites with private terraces
- Interiors feature 18-foot ceilings with exposed beams and rafters, huge wooden doors, wrought iron beds and tropical hardwood cabinets
- Select rooms have small private plunge pools
- Temozon Restaurant serving a blend of regional and international cuisine, with many ingredients sourced from the onsite gardens
For leisure and pleasure
- Easy access to local attractions such as Hacienda Yaxcopoil, the stunning Cenote Yaal Utzil and Peba
- Luxurious spa offering traditional Mayan treatments, massages, facials and body scrubs
- Expansive swimming pool
- Beautiful garden paths for walking and riding
- Tennis courts
- Enjoy Mexican cooking classes