Granada’s history is written in its colonial buildings, and its colourful, tiled residences. Adding to that history – and the charm of its historic city centre – is Hotel Dario.
Wander – or, better still, take a colourful little horse-drawn carriage – around Granada’s historic centre and your eye will be delighted at every turn. You’ll discover streets of gaily painted houses, featuring overhanging balconies and rustic tiled roofs. You’ll happen upon tiny cobbled streets that lead you, beguilingly, into open squares fringed with grandiose buildings in the colonial style – many with more than a hint of the Baroque about them. And you may even find yourself wondering whether you’re standing in front of a monumental municipal building – or a giant, pink and white wedding cake!
Make Granada’s Hotel Dario part of your tailor-made holiday to Nicaragua and you won’t just be visiting the historic city, you’ll be staying in its heart, within a few minutes’ walk of its most important sights.
Hotel Dario, at a glance
- A characterful boutique hotel set in the historic centre of Granada
- Just 30 minutes from the international airport
- Choice of 22 rooms, typically featuring cool, designer interiors and marbled en suite bathrooms
- Large French windows leading to balconies with courtyard or rooftop views
- Stone tiled floors and simple-but-elegant furniture
- Fine El Tranvia Restaurant serving regional dishes, plus a café, bar and terrace.
For leisure and pleasure
- Set in the Calle de la Calzada, only 200 metres from Parque Central – so it’s a perfect base for exploring downtown Granada
- Easy access to Lago Cocibolca – the Great Lake of Nicaragua
- Superb views of the cathedral and Mombacho Volcano
- Local events including folk music, colourful performers, traditional dancing and local food at the hotel’s Nicaragua Folk Night