On the Isla de Ometepe you’re staying in a biosphere reserve – on the world’s largest island in a freshwater lake. With one of its most enticing beaches.
To do absolutely nothing but laze beneath a thatched parasol and watch the waters of the lake lap gently onto the sandy beach? Or to do something? Like take an organised climbing expedition up one of Ometepe’s two volcanoes. Visit the lagoon in Maderas Volcano’s crater. Take a boat to go bird watching on Lake Colcibalca. Ride a horse to El Porvenir to see petroglyphs carved in stone during the pre-Colombian era. Or saunter back along the beach to the bar for an ice-cold beer.
Decisions, decisions. Actually, your best decision was to choose Villa Paraiso as a place to stay on your tailor-made holiday to Nicaragua. It meant you put all the amenities and possibilities of the world’s largest island in a freshwater lake at your feet.
Villa Paraiso Hotel, at a glance
- Hotel is set on the beautiful Isla de Ometepe
- Just 24 km from Moyogalpa and 14 km from the new port of San Jose del Sur
- Choice of exclusive deluxe and family cabins set in tropical grounds, either close to or overlooking the beach
- Private terraces with great lake views
- En suite bathrooms
- Air conditioning and fans
- La Mariscada Restaurant serving specialities like Pacific seafood and lake fish, Nicaraguan and international dishes
For leisure and pleasure
- Superb setting on Santa Domingo Beach
- Over seven km of sandy beach on your doorstep
- Easy access to La Cabulla Park with its tropical flora and ancient trees
- Bathing at Ojo de Agua natural spring
- Horse riding to see pre-Colombian stone petroglyphs at El Porvenir
- Climbing the Maderas and Concepcion volcanoes
- Exploring the crater lagoon in Maderas
- Organised nature tours to see wonderful butterflies, birds and monkeys
- Bird watching by motor boat on Lake Colcibolca
- San Ramon waterfall expedition
- Cultural visits and sport fishing