The concept was to create an aqua-lodge that was part of a totally natural and unspoiled environment.
The reality is a dreamy collection of nine, private, thatched suites standing on stilts in the warm, topaz waters of the Caribbean. Reached by a wooden walkway, they stretch along a mile of crystal clear waters flowing over a living coral reef. And they represent a perfect balance of using local materials like native woods, clays, leaves, bamboo canes…and the latest 21st century eco-building technology.
The result is a tranquil haven, where you share the environment with dolphins, sloth, scarlet frogs, sea birds and multi-coloured fish.
Punta Caracol, at a glance
- Nine exclusive and spacious suites standing in the Caribbean
- Furnished with carefully-sourced, natural materials
- Outside decks featuring sea level views
- Candlelight dinners in a thatched restaurant
- Ecological energy provision and pollution control
For leisure and pleasure
- Visits to the islands of the Bocas del Toro archipelago
- Exploration of the rainforest
- River trips to encounter white-faced monkeys and sloths
- Diving and snorkelling
- Yachting, fishing and sight seeing flights
- Boat trips to meet dolphins