When visiting the Dowager Empress Cixi over 100 years ago, you would have stayed here – the guest quarters of the Summer Palace.
The Aman at Summer Palace was once the official quarters for guests visiting the Summer Palace, just a few steps away. In those days, its up-tilted tiled roofs, cool interiors divided by carved screens and its painted pagodas overlooking serene lotus gardens enchanted visitors. They still do. Another delight enjoyed by today’s visitors is the Aman’s nearness to some of China’s most stunning sights. The Forbidden City is just 10 miles away. The Great Wall is easily accessible, as is the Temple of Heaven and the hutongs. Beijing’s restaurants, markets and galleries are close by.
Aman, at a glance
- Authentic royal guest quarters at the heart of ancient Chinese culture
- Unbeatable base for visiting Summer Palace, Forbidden City, Great Wall, Temple of Heaven
- Choice of 42 guestrooms and suites, many gathered around a central courtyard shaded by bamboo gardens and indigenous trees
- Imperial suite comprising three separate pavilions
- Choice of restaurants serving Cantonese, international and French Kaiseki cuisine
For leisure and pleasure
- Unrivalled destination from which to explore China’s ‘big four’
- Spa offering traditional and modern treatments
- Pilates studio
- Indoor lap pool
- Two squash courts
- Library with rare books on the Summer Palace amongst many others