Discover a sanctuary at the roof of the world. Stay in an authentic Tibetan farmhouse, in Yunnan’s fabled Shangri-La Valley.
Many people have heard of the almost mythical valley of Shangri-La. But comparatively few have ever been there. You could stay in an authentic Tibetan farmhouse -refurbished to include modern refinements and luxuries – some 3,200 metres up in this remote valley.
It’s a unique travel experience that includes being pampered in a world class spa, with treatments that combine yoga, Chinese Tui Na and ancient Himalayan Gui Shi hot stone therapies. It’s a sensational way of feeling on top of the world, whilst staying on the roof of the world.
Banyan Tree, at a glance
- 45 minutes from Diqing Shangri-La Airport
- 20 lodges, painstaking recreated from Tibetan farmhouses
- Furnished in ethnic style with fireplaces and wooden balconies
- Choice of two restaurants, Highland Romance dining and lounge bar
- Meeting and corporate facilities
For leisure and pleasure
- Roof of the World spa
- Wide range of off-the-track excursions through fascinating countryside
- Discover the Valley of Shangri-La
- Tours to ancient towns like Lijiang and and Sonzaling for blessings from the High Lama
- Tsalong Village and Nomad Alpine treks
- Visits to White Water Terraces, the upper Yangtze Gorge and Rongpa Valley amongst many others