Wrapped up in the rich heritage of Xi’an, this iconic hotel is well situated near to the ancient Muslim Quarter, Great Mosque and shopping and entertainment hubs.
Set within the old city walls, the Sofitel Legend Hotel was originally built in the 1950s as a government guesthouse but has since been carefully restored, retaining its elegant French and art deco features. Guestrooms and suites are beautifully appointed and feature ample-sized living areas, luxury bathrooms with walk-in showers, dark wooden flooring and soft, cream coloured furniture. Silk bathrobes, mirror TVs and LANVIN amenities provide the finishing touch.
Authentic Italian cuisine is served at the hotel’s Dolce Vita restaurant, whilst the sophisticated 1953 lounge bar is the perfect spot for catching up over cocktails or afternoon tea. A fitness centre, sauna, Jacuzzi and spa complete the hotel’s range of leisure facilities. With its central yet peaceful location, the Sofitel Legend is the perfect base from which to immerse yourself in this fascinating city. Many top attractions are nearby, including the historic Muslim Quarter, Bell Tower and famed Terracotta Warriors.
Sofitel Legend, at a glance
- Five-star hotel set in manicured gardens in Renmin Square
- Décor is a combination of local design and French and art deco features
- In-room amenities include LANVIN toiletries, silk bathrobes, coffee makers, unlimited Wi-Fi and mirror TVs
- All suites and some guest rooms are interconnecting making them ideal for family use
- Dolce Vita restaurant serving fine Italian cuisine
- Two comfortably furnished and elegant bars, 1953 and Louis XIII
- Private outdoor parking
For leisure and pleasure
- Within walking distance of the Muslim Quarter and Grand Mosque
- Nearby shopping and entertainment
- Pampering spa with three treatment rooms including a traditional Chinese foot massage room
- Fitness Centre with a swimming pool and floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the lush gardens
- Sauna and Jacuzzi
- Take daily Tai chi classes in the hotel’s pretty landscaped gardens
- Enjoy a cup of tea in the Chinese pavilion
- One hour drive from the Terra-Cotta Warriors Museum