Gora Kadan Ryokan in Hakone combines luxury and traditional into one, beautiful rooms with panoramic wooden baths and balcnonies.
At its best Japanese interior design gives you the sensation of lightness and airy space. Minimalism is a tradition here, with cool, flat areas punctuated with small but striking works of art and items that portray a flawless attention to detail. But make the Gora Kadan Ryokan part of the itinerary of your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Japan and you’ll also be introduced to the country’s finest culinary traditions. The Kan-in-no-miya Mansion Restaurant was built over 80 years ago and was once the grand mansion and summer residence of Prince Kan-in-no-miya who was Imperial Royalty – third in line to succeed as Emperor in the absence of a direct heir. Today the Japanese Kaiseki restaurant serves beautifully prepared food based on the four seasons, using the best of local harvests.
Gora Kadan Ryokan, at a glance
- Tantalising choice of guest rooms and suites
- Exclusive, private Annex Suite
- Rooms with big stone, open air baths
- Standard rooms with exquisite traditional Japanese décor
- Kadan suites with Jacuzzis and steam saunas, plus balconies and panoramic wooden baths
- Exquisite dining experience at the unrivalled Kan-in-no-miya Mansion Restaurant
For leisure and pleasure
- Superb covered swimming pool and first floor fitness centre equipped with advanced workout apparatus
- Spa with restorative treatments ranging from aromatherapy facials and hand massages to placenta masks and stone, Thalasso and Dead Sea therapies
- Great base for exploring the museums and galleries, historic sites and ancient ruins of the city of Hakone
- Cultural, shopping and market opportunities
- Tours of local parks and restful botanical gardens