Located in its own 20,000-hectare conservancy on the edge of the Central Kalahari Game Reserve, Dinaka provides year-round game viewing in this remarkable desert landscape.
Guests are housed in just seven spacious safari tents. All are equipped with modern comforts such as hot and cold running water on demand, ensuite bathrooms and flush toilets. Raised on wooden decks, each tent has a wonderful vantage point over a permanent water hole where you can watch the local wildlife come to drink. Wooden walkways connect your room to the main camp, which comprise a dining area, bar and adjoining sleep out deck for those wanting to spend a night out under the star-filled sky.
When not game-viewing from the comfort of your room, the camp’s hide or underground photographic bunker, you can venture further afield on morning and afternoon game drives to discover the likes of Kalahari lions, badgers, porcupines, cheetahs, leopards, giraffe and the bat-eared fox. Guided walks are a great way of getting even closer to the bush, especially in the company of San Bushmen who offer a unique insight into this natural landscape. Birdwatching is particularly rewarding on the reserve with over 200 different species to find.
Dinaka, at a glance
- An intimate, upmarket safari camp set on the northern boundary of Botswana’s Central Kalahari Game Reserve
- Seven raised twin and double-bedded safari tents, plus a two-bedroom family tent
- Ensuite bathrooms with indoor and outdoor showers, flush toilets and hot and cold running water
- Dining room and bar, with an adjoining sleep out deck
- Friendly service and high-quality guiding
- Year-round wildlife destination
For leisure and pleasure
- Morning and afternoon game drives in open safari vehicles
- Guided bush walks
- Night drives
- Educational walks with San Bushmen
- Underground photographic bunker
- Rewarding birdwatching