The sleek and stylish Omaanda can be found at the heart of the Zannier Reserve, a 9,000-hectare private wilderness on the outskirts of Windhoek.
Looking out onto the reserve’s endless expanse of savannah, this luxury lodge has an understated, timeless design with just ten rounded thatched huts. Each is a sumptuous haven with walk-in showers, fireplaces and private terraces facing a small lake. Earth-toned interiors are complemented by rare objects and precious African antiques.
You’ll head out twice a day on bespoke excursions and species-specific game drives, a chance to see and photograph the reserve’s wildlife and landscapes. Cool off between activities with a swim in the outdoor infinity pool - complete with stunning savannah views - and end the day in the traditional boma where you can share your stories around a blazing open fire. Those seeking further relaxation can venture into the spa where treatments are inspired by local Namibian traditions.
Omaanda, at a glance
- Sophisticated, luxury safari lodge in the Zannier Reserve just outside of Windhoek
- Architecture inspired by the local villages
- 10 one-and-two-bedroom thatched huts with private terraces overlooking a small lake
- Warm, earth-toned interiors complemented by rare objects and antiques
- Features include king beds, walk-in dressing rooms, flat-screen TVs, free Wi-Fi, sound systems and an open fireplace
- All huts have a bathroom with separate toilet, walk-in shower and large bathtub
- All-day restaurant, Ambo Delights, serving deliciously inventive meals showcasing the best of local produce
- Attentive, professional staff
For leisure and pleasure
- Personalised excursions twice daily in the reserve with local experienced guides
- Take a tour of the Shiloh Wildlife Sanctuary
- Rhino, elephant and carnivore tracking
- Relaxing spa with two double treatment rooms
- Laidback lounge bar and traditional ‘boma’ with an open fire
- Heated infinity pool with a bar and gorgeous views
- Boutique selling high-quality furniture, fashion and locally made souvenirs