Set within the lush confines of a working tea plantation, One&Only Nyungwe House brings world-class dining and blissful wellness to Africa’s oldest rainforest.
This stunning property enjoys an enchanting setting on the edge of the Nyungwe National Park, a vast expanse of mountain rainforest that shelters chimpanzees and other rare primates. Arranged across five wooden villas, each guestroom and suite boasts stunning views into the forest canopy. Plus, a chic African design and open fires to ward off the evening chill. The main building features walls of glass that let the natural world in, as well as an alfresco dining area where you can savour organic, garden-to-plate creations.
Chimpanzee trekking is the highlight of any stay, but you can also go mountain biking through the lush rainforest, search for exotic birds with an experienced guide or get a glimpse into the inner workings of the property’s tea plantation. When not wandering along Nyungwe's famous canopy walkway, you can also make time for yourself in the holistic jungle spa where eco-friendly treatments have been designed to rejuvenate both the body and mind. Lounging by the idyllic outdoor infinity pool is another wonderful option, as is yoga on the elevated deck with its exquisite mountain backdrop.
One&Only Nyungwe House, at a glance
- Sophisticated wilderness retreat set among the tea plantations of Gisakura in southwest Rwanda
- On the doorstep of the ancient forest of Nyungwe National Park
- 22 luxury rooms and suites with Rwandese inspired artwork, fireplaces, forest-view balconies, four-poster beds and dark bamboo flooring
- Ensuite bathrooms with indoor showers and deep soaking tubs
- Dining, selected beverages and two daily signature resort experiences are included in your stay
- Can be reached by road, domestic flight or helicopter
For leisure and pleasure
- Chimpanzee, black-and-white colobus monkey, grey-cheeked mangabey, blue monkey and golden monkey trekking with experienced guides
- Birdwatching, waterfall walks and mountain biking through the verdant rainforest
- Experience spectacular forest views on a helicopter flight, departing from the property’s helipad
- Enchanting stargazing experiences
- Tea-tasting seminars and visits to the nearby tea factory
- One&Only Spa with bespoke treatments designed by eco-friendly skincare brand Africology
- Outdoor heated pool, gym and yoga sessions