Conveniently close to the main gate of Zambia’s celebrated South Luangwa National Park, Flatdogs is the perfect base for experiencing the diverse wildlife of this nine thousand square kilometre wilderness.
A popular camp with an enviable riverfront setting, Flatdogs offers a wonderfully laidback stay in the South Luangwa. Guests enjoy a mix of professionally guided game drives (both morning and night) and walking safaris within the national park, with a limit of six guests per group to ensure a more intimate game-viewing experience.
The property prides itself on offering great value accommodation designed to suit a variety of budgets. These range from airy walk-in safari tents to an open-to-the-elements treehouse and a luxury tented villa with its own private pool. The main area also features a swimming pool, as well as a curio shop stocked with the works of local artists and artisans. The restaurant operates on a la carte basis with no set meals or mealtimes in keeping with the property’s laidback atmosphere. The chefs make virtually everything from scratch, using the best of locally grown and raised produce.
Flatdogs Camp, at a glance
- Good value safari camp located close to the main Mfuwe Gate of the South Luangwa National Park
- ‘Crocodile Nest’ villa with a private deck and pool
- Two-bedroom ‘Jackalberry Treehouse’ overlooking a waterhole
- Traditional Meru-style safari tents
- Spacious two-storey stone chalets with thatched roofs and enclosed verandas
- Team of professional, fully qualified guides
- Bistro-style a la carte menu, with no set meals or mealtimes
- Dine under the thatch, in the courtyard or garden overlooking the river
For leisure and pleasure
- Exciting morning and night game drives
- Track game on foot on a guided walking safari
- Browse the work of local artists in the curio shop
- Swimming pool
- Bar and lounge
- Small reference library and book exchange
- Visit local conservation and community projects