Understated and intimate, a stay at Nkwali Camp promises thrilling wildlife encounters and stunning vistas at the heart of the Luangwa Valley.
From early morning breakfasts overlooking the calm Luangwa River to exciting walking safaris in the company of top-class guides, a stay at Nkwali is always a spectacular experience. Rustic in style and open to magnificent river views, the six guest chalets are spacious and thoughtfully appointed. The dining room and pool are set back from the river on a lagoon, where guests are often treated to sightings of elephants and hippo coming down to drink.
The camp’s location is a major highlight, sandwiched as it is between the South Luangwa National Park and a private game viewing area. Leopards and other wildlife roam freely along the riverbanks, whilst guests enjoy exclusive access into the park by boat or across the pontoon.
As well as walking safaris and game drives, activities include cultural and village tours, as well as excursions to the local market and the Chipembele Wildlife Education Trust. During the Emerald Season, guests are also invited to explore the lagoons by boat - a great way to spot birds.
Nkwali Camp, at a glance
- Intimate riverside camp in the central Mfuwe area
- Situated on Robin Pope Safaris’ private land just outside the South Luangwa National Park
- Set under the shade of tall mahogany, ebony and sausage trees
- Six open-front guest chalets sleeping up to 14 guests
- Open ensuite bathrooms with double basins and showers
- Magnificent river views
- Delicious meals served in the thatched dining room overlooking the lagoon
For leisure and pleasure
- Guided walking safaris
- Day and night game drives
- Seasonal boating
- Fantastic birding
- Cultural, village and market tours
- Visits to Chipembele Wildlife Education Trust
- Plunge pool overlooking a lagoon teeming with wildlife