With its fabulous hilltop setting just outside the Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park, Stanley Safari Lodge provides a luxurious gateway into the world wonder that is Victoria Falls.
Overlooking an unspoilt stretch of bush, views from the lodge are unrivalled. The magnificent spray that rises from the Falls, as well as the Zambezi River, can be admired from the garden and infinity pool, as well as from the comfort of your own room. Guests are accommodated in just 10 unique chalets that range from open-fronted teak and stone constructions to more colonial-style brick and tiled rooms. Four are suites and enjoy the welcome addition of a private plunge pool.
As well as guided tours of the Victoria Falls, activities at Stanley Safari Lodge are impressively varied. Horse riding, white water rafting, fishing and visits to authentic African villages can all be arranged, while game drives and river safaris are great for getting up close to wildlife. Those feeling more adventurous can also take their pick from bungee jumping, quad biking, abseiling and helicopter flights. The nearby Livingstone Museum, where you can peruse the explorer’s original letters, is always worth a visit.
Stanley Safari Lodge, at a glance
- Elegant lodge with a tranquil setting on the border of the Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park
- Only three kilometres from the Victoria Falls and the main town of Livingstone
- Unmatched views encompassing unspoilt bush, the Zambezi River and the spray from the falls
- 10 individually designed private cottages and suites
- Ensuite bathrooms with double basins, bath tubs and/or showers
- Select rooms have private plunge pools
- Very personalised service and a 1920’s feel
- Dine al fresco under the stars, or in the privacy of your room
For leisure and pleasure
- Game drives in open top vehicles
- Cultural experiences including visits to nearby villages and traditional Zambian markets
- Bungee jumping, gorge swings, quad biking and horseback rides
- Microlight and helicopter flights
- Boating, white water rafting and canoeing down the Zambezi River
- Visits to the Zambia and Livingstone Museum
- Perfectly positioned for enjoying stunning African sunset