Behold the ‘Smoke that Thunders’, walk amongst endangered rhinos and cruise the mighty Zambezi at this stunning tented camp.
Set on raised decks on the banks of the Zambezi, Toka Leya offers the perfect balance between adventure and relaxation, making it a great spot to begin or end your Zambian safari.
Morning explorations of the river, game drives in the surrounding Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park and excursions to the magnificent Victoria Falls are all on the agenda, and can be alternated with serene afternoons at the spa or yoga on the panoramic deck. Bungee jumping and helicopter rides can also be arranged for thrill-seeking guests, whilst visits to the nearby village provide an insightful look into the people and cultures of Zambia.
The camp has just 12 generously sized, ensuite tents furnished in the classic safari style. Each has a wide deck that offers you a private space to soak up the dramatic views - and catch glimpses of any passing wildlife. Wooden walkways connect the guest tents to the main area where you’ll find a dining, bar and lounge area. An infinity pool, sundeck and fire pit for night-time gatherings complete the facilities.
Toka Leya, at a glance
- Family-friendly tented camp in the Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park
- Perched on the banks of the Zambezi River upstream from the Falls
- Named after the local tribe
- 12 luxuriously appointed canvas and wood tents, including three family units
- All rooms are beautifully furnished with huge comfy beds and private decks
- Fantastic food served in the dining area
- Convenient distance from Livingstone
- Operated by Wilderness Safaris
For leisure and pleasure
- Leisure facilities include an infinity pool, sundeck and gym
- Rhino tracking with local wildlife scouts
- Excursions to the World Heritage-listed Victoria Falls
- Game drives in Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park
- Boating on the Zambezi River to spot hippos, crocodiles, elephants and birds
- Catch-and-release fishing
- White water rafting, bungee jumping, helicopter rides and jet boating for the adventurous
- Cultural and historical tours