Swim in turquoise waters, indulge in pampering spa treatments and dine on authentic local cuisine at this tranquil Zanzibari beach resort.
The Aiyana is nestled on the pristine sands of Pemba Island - famed for its verdant green hills, clove plantations and abundant marine life. Surrounded by these unspoilt landscapes, the property has a remote, quiet feel but with all the modern amenities you’d expect of a high-end resort. Accommodation comprises just 30 ecologically-built villas facing the beach. Each is appointed in a minimalist style with locally-sourced natural materials giving a rustic look. The bathrooms have open-to-the-sky showers.
The peaceful beach is a popular spot for relaxing, as is the sublime spa where treatments are based on natural products inspired by plants from the Indian Ocean. There’s also a large swimming pool that overlooks the ocean. For those seeking a more active stay, you can take a PADI course to explore Pemba’s untouched coral reefs and vibrant marine life, or enjoy walks in the nearby Ngezi Forest Reserve.
Otherwise, you can always treat yourself to fresh seafood and locally inspired dishes at the ocean-view restaurant (or on the beach under a coconut palm umbrella).
The Aiyana, at a glance
- Luxury beach resort set on a private stretch of sand on Pemba Island
- Beautiful grounds made up of fragrant, tropical gardens
- 30 beachfront villas with super king beds, ensuite bathrooms and outdoor terraces
- Some villas have private infinity pools
- Minimalist interiors with high ceilings, white walls and locally sourced, natural materials
- Restaurant and bar serving fresh, locally-inspired dishes
For leisure and pleasure
- Sublime spa offering facials and massages
- Swim in teal waters and explore Pemba’s rainbow-coloured reefs on a PADI course
- Use of kayaks and stand-up paddle boards
- Explore the nearby village by bike
- Guided nature trails in the Ngezi Forest Reserve
- Afternoon tea served at the bar