Set against the Zambezi escarpment with stunning views over the world’s largest man-made lake, Bumi Hills provides an idyllic setting for some truly special wildlife encounters.
This stylish safari lodge sits on the Bumi Hills private concession just on the border of Matusadona National Park, with animals roaming freely in between. With a superb team of expert guides to lead you, the game-viewing opportunities are boundless with Lake Kariba’s fertile shores attracting plenty of elephants, buffalo, lion, cheetah and antelope.
As well as traditional day and night game drives, activities include tiger fishing, boating on the lake’s glistening waters and uncovering the area’s hidden gems (including dinosaur footprints) on guided walking safaris.
Between excursions, take a dip in the hotel’s gorgeous infinity pool overlooking the lake or indulge in pampering treatments at the spa. There’s even a well-equipped gym for the more active-inclined guest. Otherwise, you can retreat to the comfort of your air-conditioned suite which has been thoughtfully appointed with an ensuite bathroom, battery charging points and private viewing deck from where you can take in the famous Kariba sunsets. Families are hosted in the two-bedroom Baobab Villa which comes with the services of a private butler, safari guide and vehicle.
Bumi Hills, at a glance
- Chic stone safari lodge perched atop a range of hills overlooking Lake Kariba
- Located on the private Bumi Hills reserve bordering Matusadona National Park
- Neutral decor featuring wood carvings, sepia wildlife photos and wood panelling
- 10 luxurious, air conditioned suites with ensuite bathrooms, stone baths, battery charging points and minibars
- Each suite has its own private viewing deck offering wonderful lake views
- The two-bedroom family Baobab Villa has its own living room, bar and indoor/outdoor viewing deck, as well as a private butler, safari guide and vehicle
- Passionate and experienced team of guides
- Meals are served in the informal dining room or out on the terrace
For leisure and pleasure
- Gorgeous infinity pool and wellness spa with sauna, steam room and massage tents
- Exciting guided walking safaris to discover wildlife and fossilised dinosaur footprints
- Enchanting boat rides on Lake Kariba
- Day and night game drives
- Catch-and-release fishing
- Fantastic star gazing opportunities
- Great birding in the area
- Enjoy a sundowner, surrounded by elephants, on a sunset lake cruise
- Cultural visits to learn more about local village life
- Keep active in the well-equipped gym
- Lounge and library