The Grano de Oro is a classically styled hotel situated on a quiet street just outside downtown San José and a stones throw from the international and domestic airport. It’s the ideal spot for those looking to stay in the city, particularly if you have an early start the following day.
It offers a variety of room types to fit a range of budgets and tastes including delightful patio rooms, which have French doors opening onto private patios. Throughout all the guest rooms, you'll find attractive hardwood furniture, including old-fashioned wardrobes in some. The Vista de Oro suite is the hotel's crown jewel, with its own private staircase and wonderful views of the city and surrounding mountains.
Facilities include a fine restaurant serving an excellent range of international cuisine, a bar and a lounge. There are also two Jacuzzis on the rooftop terrace for guest use.
The hotel is one of the best in the city and makes for an ideal stop for guests with an early start the next day.
Grano de Oro, at a glance
- The most comfortable option for guests staying in San José
- Just a 20 minute drive from the airport
- Spacious rooms coming in a variety of categories
- Very good restaurant serving a mixture of French and Mediterranean cuisine
- Fitness centre, gift shop, massages available
- Rooftop jacuzzi
- Close to a number of restaurants, theatres and shops
For leisure and pleasure
- Explore the Costa Rican capital, San José
- Take a day trip to a local coffee farm
- Visit the nearby Poas Volcano and butterfly farm
- Explore the La Paz waterfall gardens
- Spend the day white water rafting on the Pacuare river