A luxury African style safari-camp in the lush tropical forest of Arenal, Nayara Tented Camp is the latest luxury offering in the area and has wonderful views of the famous Arenal Volcano.
Surrounded by lush greenery and wildlife, Nayara Tented Camp is a new way of discovering the beautiful surroundings of Arenal and the national park. The camp is connected to the Nayara Springs and Nayara Gardens hotels by a series of footbridges, allowing guests to enjoy all the restaurants, spas, pools, and activities each resort has to offer.
Nayara Tented Camp has 21 luxury tents, each made up of a master suite and en-suite bathroom (as well as an outdoor shower). At approximately 1,700 sq. ft in size, they can accommodate two sofa beds, which make them perfect for families. Each tent sits on its own platform and has a private plunge pool, filled by the nearby hot springs. Some of the tents can be interconnecting, via passageway through the forest and all tents feature four-poster king beds with mosquito nets. They also have air-conditioning, Wi-Fi and environmentally friendly toiletries.
There is so much to do from Arenal, including bird-watching, river cruises, hiking, riding and rafting. The hotel's concierge can help organise all kinds of activities, from visiting the famous hanging-bridges to zip-lining through the forest canopy. The grounds of Nayara are also home to a number of sloths. In fact, more than 15 have been seen here due to the large number of Cecropia trees (their main food source).
If you're looking for something more relaxing, then you can enjoy the views of Arenal Volcano from your own private terrace. Toucans and humming birds are often spotted in the trees, as well as sociable macaws that call Nayara home. The private terraces can also be setup for al fresco dining.
Arenal Tented Camp, at a glance
- Luxury tented camp with views of Arenal Volcano
- Just 21 beautifully designed tents, each with private plunge pools
- Four-poster beds, air-conditioning, Wi-Fi and outdoor showers
- 3 hours by road from San José and Liberia airports (or a 30 minute charter flight)
- Al-fresco dining area for each of the tents
- Family tents and also interconnecting tent options
- Guests can use facilities at Nayara Springs and Nayara Garden hotels
For leisure and pleasure
- Explore the nearby Arenal Volcano National Park, only a 40 minute drive from the hotel
- Concierge who can organise activities including, riding, rafting, zip-lining
- Hiking in the Arenal National Park, visiting the hanging bridges, bird-watching
- Specialist sloth and bird-watching tours
- Relax in the outdoor pools or enjoy a morning yoga class