Get a taste of traditional Japanese hospitality, and serene natural landscapes, at Hakone Kowakien Ten-yu.
A modern take on the traditional ryokan inn with an enchanting mountain and forest setting. Hakone Kowakien Ten-yu promises you true tranquillity. Start your day early with yoga in the garden, or catch the sunrise from the stunning infinity-edge onsen. You can then venture out trekking along Chisuji Falls, pay a visit to the Hakone Open-Air Museum or enjoy a stroll through Hakone Gora Park.
Upon your return, retreat to the privacy of your own open-air bath – a feature of every guestroom. The décor resembles that of a traditional ryokan, but with a contemporary touch. Expect traditional futons, low tables and tatami mats complimented by a neutral cream and brown palette. Beautifully prepared Kaiseki-style cuisine is presented daily at the restaurant.
Hakone Kowakien Ten-yu, at a glance
- Nine-storey ryokan-style hotel in Hakone, just outside of Tokyo
- 150 minimalistic rooms with incredible forest and mountain views
- Each room comes with its own private open-air bath
- Contemporary wood and glass interiors inspired by traditional Japanese décor
- Seasonal, Kaiseki-style cuisine served at the restaurant
- "Ten-yu" bar & lounge serving an array of cocktails
For leisure and pleasure
- Beautiful shared infinity-edge onsen with beautiful views
- A six-minute bus ride from Hakone Open-Air Museum and Hakone Gora Park
- Chisuji Falls, great for trekking, is a 13-minute walk away
- Morning yoga in the garden
- Visit nearby Hakone Kowakien Yunessun, a hot springs spa resort and amusement park
- Spa set in the tranquil garden