Alongside generously sized rooms and a fabulous Asian restaurant, the 71 Nyhavn Hotel enjoys a prime location on Copenhagen’s vibrant, 17th-century waterfront.
A fine boutique hotel formed from two 19th century merchant warehouses on the corner of the harbour and Nyhavn Canal, the 71 Nyhavn is a characterful Copenhagen base. With carefully preserved original features, from the gnarled pinewood beams to the bare brick walls, the property has successfully retained much of its historic charm over two centuries. The 130 bedrooms, meanwhile, have an understated and contemporary elegance with their bright white walls, leather headboards and contemporary Danish furnishings. Many enjoy superb views over the water.
The restaurant, SEA by Kiin Kiin, is a stylish outpost of the nearby Michelin-starred Kiin Kiin, and serves up a mouth-watering menu of Southeast Asian dishes. In the mornings, guests are treated to a traditional Danish breakfast in the old warehouse cellar, whilst complimentary refreshments are available in the cosy Library Lounge on the ground floor. You can even order room service from eateries around the city to be brought directly to your room.
You’ll find yourself just a short walk away from many of the city’s major sights, including the Tivoli Gardens, Rosenberg Castle and Amalienborg - home to the Danish Royal Family - as well as the departure point for boat tours.
71 Nyhavn, at a glance
- Characterful Copenhagen hotel housed within two converted warehouses dating back to the 1800s
- Wonderful waterfront location in Nyhavn
- Full of historic charm with well-preserved original features
- 130 newly renovated rooms and suites with modern, understated interiors
- Amenities include custom Carpe Diem beds, contemporary furnishings and bright, modern bathrooms
- Dine on delicious Southeast Asian cuisine in the SEA by Kiin Kiin restaurant
- Traditional Nordic breakfasts served in the old warehouse cellar
- Order ‘room service’ from eateries in the city to be brought directly to your room
For leisure and pleasure
- Surrounded by interesting little restaurants and historic buildings
- Nearby attractions include the Amalienborg, Rundetarn, Tivoli Gardens and Rosenborg Castle
- Few minutes’ walk from the cafes and canals of Christianhavn
- Rent a bike to explore the area on your own two wheels
- Tailormade guided tours and sightseeing
- Refreshments served throughout the day in the Library Lounge
- Guests are free to use the fitness facilities at sister property Phoenix Hotel