Just a hop from Copenhagen’s famous Tivoli Gardens, the family-owned Absalon is a stylish city hotel housed within an elegant neoclassical building.
The classical white facade makes way for colourful, contemporary interiors courtesy of the Designers Guild. All rooms and suites come in one of three colour schemes, ‘Ocean’, ‘Berry’ or ‘Grass’, with pale oak floors and bold striped curtains throughout. The modern bathrooms are beautifully decked out in large white tiles, chrome fittings and organic Karmameju toiletries, and feature either a bathtub or a standalone shower. Breakfast is served as a buffet, and there is a bar offering a selection of drinks onsite.
With an enviable location in Copenhagen’s hip Vesterbro neighbourhood, surrounded by art galleries, trendy restaurants and quirky shops, the Absolon provides a fine base for exploring this dynamic city. From here, the amusement park and pleasure garden known as Tivoli is within easy reach, as is the old Carlsberg Brewery where you can enjoy a guided tour. You can even rent a bike from the hotel to explore the city like a local.
Absalon Hotel, at a glance
- Family-owned hotel with a fantastic central location in one of Copenhagen’s most vibrant neighbourhoods
- Converted from two 19th century buildings
- 161 well-appointed rooms with stylish, contemporary interiors courtesy of Designers Guild
- Modern bathrooms feature either a bathtub or standalone shower
- Incredibly friendly team of staff
- Buffet breakfast and onsite bar
For leisure and pleasure
- Easy access to the central station, and within walking distance of major attractions such as the Tivoli Gardens
- Close to the bars and restaurants of Vesterbro and the Meatpacking District
- Bike hire available from the hotel
- Mini golf available in the quiet courtyard
- Cosy lobby lounge