In the midst of royal castles and contemporary art galleries, Hotel Sanders offers an intimate, bespoke stay in the Danish capital.
This polished boutique hotel rests on a quiet cobbled lane in Copenhagen’s historic heart, just around the corner from The Royal Danish Theatre. The metro station is mere minutes away, as is the Amalienborg Palace and the pretty, 17th-century canal of Nyhavn. When not out exploring, the hotel’s rooftop conservatory and vintage-style cocktail bar provide the perfect setting in which to relax and soak up the tranquil atmosphere. When it comes to dining, the bright, bistro-style Sanders Kitchen serves an enticing selection of fresh, healthy dishes. All beautifully prepared from local, seasonal produce.
With the help of London-based design studio Lind + Almond, the property’s stylish interiors feel refined yet relaxed. All 54 rooms are individually decorated, but you can expect natural wood floors, mid-century Danish sofas, colonial-inspired rattan furnishings and plush fabrics throughout. The works of emerging British artists also adorn the hotel. From the cosy Single Coupe rooms to the spacious Sanders Apartments with their separate lounges and open fireplaces, there’s something to suit every traveller.
Hotel Sanders, at a glance
- Graceful boutique hotel centrally located in Copenhagen, 200 metres from Nyhavn
- Surrounded by historical buildings and classic theatres
- East-meets-west theme by the Lind + Almond design studio
- 54 individually decorated guestrooms with high-end, bespoke furnishings
- Chic, industrial-style bathrooms with a shower and luxury toiletries
- Modern restaurant serving classic, international dishes in a laidback setting
- Vintage cocktail bar, Tata, with velvet armchairs and white-tuxed bar staff
For leisure and pleasure
- Minutes from Kongens Nytorv metro station
- Conveniently close to Nyhavn canal and the shops of Stroget
- Browse the excellent art galleries and museums on your doorstep
- Beautiful rooftop conservatory garden and inviting ground-floor lounge
- Enjoy bike and walking tours
- Themed dinner nights