From its beautiful hilltop perch, the idyllic, ultra-exclusive Amanzoe commands sweeping views over the shimmering Aegean.
Merging ‘aman’, the Sanskrit for peace, with ‘zoe’, the Greek for life, the Amanzoe is undoubtedly a haven of tranquillity on the east coast of the Peloponnese Peninsula. Surrounded by ancient olive groves, vineyards and classical ruins, the resort encompasses an entire hilltop and private beach, offering its guests unrivalled space and seclusion. Not to mention extensive wellness facilities - a sublime spa, yoga pavilion and Pilates studio to name a few. Inspired by classical Greek architecture, guests are housed in just 38 freestanding pavilions, each with its own plunge pool and terrace with unrivalled land and sea vistas.
From the Sanctuary of Asklepios at Epidaurus to the legendary citadel of Mycenae, Amanzoe is perfectly placed for exploring the region’s storied islands and UNESCO-listed ruins. For those seeking a day in the sun, the Beach Club awaits with multiple pools and a whole host of water sports. You can also head out to sea in one of the resort’s private boats, wander the local morning market or explore nearby forests on foot. The dining experience encompasses authentic Greek cuisine at The Restaurant and a sophisticated Japanese washoku menu at Nama. Both of which utilise the best of local, seasonal produce.
Amanzoe, at a glance
• Ultra-luxurious resort overlooking the lively town of Port Heli in southern Greece
• Strong focus on health and wellbeing
• Contemporary, Greek-inspired design with soaring pillars and colonnades
• 38 standalone pavilions with chic, understated interiors
• High-ceiling living areas and king beds set in marble alcoves
• 270-degree views encompassing the Aegean Sea and the surrounding countryside
• Fabulous restaurants serving seasonal Greek, Japanese and international cuisine
• Bar lounge with a Mediterranean-inspired cocktail menu
• Impeccable service and attention to detail
For leisure and pleasure
• Private beach and stylish Beach Club
• Expansive Aman Spa with nine treatment rooms and personalised wellness journeys
• Yoga pavilion, Pilates Studio, gym and beauty salon
• Two floodlit tennis courts
• Privately guided day trips to the region’s historic islands and ruins
• Multiple swimming pools framed by terraces and beautiful views
• Range of complimentary water sports equipment including windsurfers, paddleboards, kayaks and snorkelling gear
• Island-hopping aboard the resort’s two motorboats
• Small outdoor amphitheatre
• Horse-riding, helicopter trips and wine tastings