Dating back to 1855, the Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky has a stately presence on Amsterdam’s famous Dam Square.
Iconic Amsterdam attractions, from the majestic Royal Palace to the Van Gogh Museum, are within walking distance of this historic 150-year-old property. Facilities include a stylish cocktail bar and café, as well as a 60-seater Michelin-starred restaurant spearheaded by celebrated chef Jacob Jan Boerma. Delicious breakfasts are served in the ornate, listed 19th-century Winter Garden. The Grand Café Krasnapolsky, meanwhile, will be your go-to for coffee and casual bites complemented by great views across Dam Square.
When it comes to accommodation, guests can choose from 451 amply sized rooms with warm, neutral furnishings, custom mattresses, walk-in rain showers and individually-controlled air conditioning. For the finest canal views, be sure to book yourself into one of the 35 apartments, or opt for the two-floor Presidential Suite for the ultimate indulgence. Outside each door is a copperplate from the hotel’s old days, commemorating its rich history.
Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky, at a glance
- Splendid historic building nestled in Amsterdam’s historic heart
- Originally the site of a coffee house built by Adolph Wilhelm Krasnapolsky
- Located on the main Dam Square with fabulous views of the Royal Palace
- 451 recently upgraded rooms, including eight family rooms, 10 premium triple rooms and 35 apartments with canal views
- Warm, neutral decor with contemporary furnishings
- Most rooms have semi-open bathrooms fitted with walk-in rain showers
- Amenities include individually controlled air-conditioning, Nespresso machines, custom mattresses and flat-screen televisions
- Enjoy fabulous Michelin-starred dining at the White Room restaurant
- Coffee and light bites at the Grand Café Krasnapolsky
- Kick back in the Chic cocktail bar, The Tailor
For leisure and pleasure
- The hotel boasts its own private boat and jetty
- The Van Gogh Museum, Anne Frank House and the Rijksmuseum are all are within easy walking distance
- The property lies within a seven-minute walk of Amsterdam Central Station, whilst various bus and tram stops are right around the corner
- Relax in the outdoor courtyard in the warmer months with its peaceful lounge area
- Neighbours many of the city’s top shopping areas
- Rent a bike to explore the surrounding are at your leisure