Tucked away in the peaceful Goan village of Moira, this nine-room boutique hotel occupies a beautifully restored ancestral mansion dating back over 200 years.
Lying amidst the lush trees and palms of the Birdsong Estate, The Postcard Moira is a very peaceful base from which to explore this beautiful corner of India’s sunshine state. The surrounding neighbourhood, with its banana plantations, fishmongers and brightly painted houses, makes for wonderful strolls, but you can also head further afield with a friendly local guide on a heritage walk or cycle tour. A visit to the Salim Ali Bird Sanctuary is also worthwhile, offering you sightings of vibrant kingfishers, jack snipes and cormorants amongst many others.
Regional dishes prepared using locally sourced and seasonal ingredients make up the dining experience at The Postcard Moira, served al fresco in the surrounding plantation. The nine rooms are pared-back and simple in decor, with dark wooden furniture, white-washed walls, brass fittings and four-poster beds. Plenty of windows let in not only natural light but lovely birdsong. When you’re not surfing with locals or learning how to prepare traditional Goan recipes, take some time for yourself and enjoy a personalised menu of traditional Ayurvedic treatments and massages delivered by skilled therapists.
The Postcard Moira, at a glance
- Luxurious boutique hotel occupying a 214-year-old ancestral mansion on the Birdsong Estate
- Located in the sleepy village of Moira in northern Goa
- Pillared verandas, high roofs and gardens reflect the history of the local area
- Immerse yourself in an array of authentic Goan experiences
- Just nine comfortable guestrooms ensuring a peaceful stay
- Traditional colonial furnishings and private balconies
- Furnished with four-poster beds, crisp white linens, brass fittings and stylish statement lamps
- The on-site restaurant uses only locally sourced ingredients on their menu
- A 30-minute drive from Baga Beach
For leisure and pleasure
- Discover Goa’s ancestral homes and beautiful Portuguese architecture on a guided heritage walk
- Take surfing lessons with locals
- Go birdwatching in the Salim Ali Bird Sanctuary
- Embark on a cycle city tour to discover paddy fields, ancient temples, hidden caves and churches
- Learn how to prepare traditional Goan recipes
- Enjoy Ayurvedic therapies and holistic wellness treatments in the spa
- Take a dip in the outdoor swimming pool