A new addition to Uga Escape’s luxury portfolio, eco-friendly Chena Huts puts you in touch with two of Sri Lanka’s greatest treasures – its stunning coast and astonishing wildlife.
Nestled in seclusion among dunes and tropical jungle on Sri Lanka’s southern coast, Chena Huts has an enviable location between Yala National Park and the Indian Ocean. The property overlooks a beach where you can watch elephants frolicking in the surf and, in summer, the magic of baby turtles hatching from their shells. Flamingos can even be spotted in the enchanting lagoon adjacent the property.
Blending beautifully into the natural surrounds are the property’s 14 detached, thatched roof ‘huts’, inspired in design by the homes of local farmers. A modest name for what are extremely spacious and luxurious bungalows, each with a private plunge pool and expansive shaded deck - perfect for relaxing in-between exciting game drives in Yala National Park. Wildlife roam freely around the huts, making for wonderfully frequent sightings.
Chena Huts, at a glance
• Intimate boutique property made up of 14 ultra-private huts perched at the edge of the Indian Ocean
• Set on a lush, seven-acre sprawl of land
• Private plunge pools, freestanding tubs and large outdoor deck areas
• In-room amenities include free Wi-Fi, Panasonic flat screen TVs, sound systems and air-conditioning
• Modern safari-style decor including wooden furniture and African-style motifs
• Enjoy cocktails in the ocean-facing bar and laidback fine dining in the nautical-themed Basses Restaurant
• Fresh ingredients plucked straight from the organic farm
• Just a few minutes away from the entrance to Yala National Park
• Low-impact and energy-efficient with LED lighting, solar panels and electric buggies
For leisure and pleasure
• Enjoy access to the private beach
• Enjoy daily game drives in nearby Yala National Park
• Main outdoor heating swimming pool
• Watch elephants playing on the beach and turtle nestings by moonlight
• Spot flamingos, ibises and storks in the adjacent saline lake
• Enjoy dining under the stars or around a bonfire on the beach
• Immerse yourself in beauty treatments and relaxing aromatherapy at the luxurious spa with its two thatched treatment rooms