A splendidly designed, authentic Moroccan riad nestled within a short walk of the Jemaa el-Fna square – a tranquil haven amid the hustle and bustle.
A vision of carved cedar ceilings, ornate antique furniture, purple tadelakt walls and traditional Zellige tilework, Riad Ilayka introduces modern luxury to authentic Moroccan design. Each of the seven bedrooms has been uniquely decorated in a deep, rich colour palette, complete with fireplaces and pretty tiled bathrooms. As well as a lush central courtyard, solarium and traditional Moroccan hammam, the property boasts a charming first-floor terrace where delicious breakfasts are served. You can even learn how to prepare Moroccan dishes yourself with a cooking class led by an expert chef.
The fabled Jemaa el-Fna square, with its snake charmers, water sellers and storytellers, is a mere 200 metres away. Further afield you can quad trek in the valleys of Ourika and Asni, visit traditional Berber villages and camp in the Sahara Desert. After a long day of adventure, retreat to the calm of Riad Ilayka for a relaxing soak in the rooftop Jacuzzi. The property also has one of the highest terraces in the medina - the perfect spot to enjoy a mint tea whilst also drinking in the city skyline and Atlas Mountains beyond.
Riad Ilayka, at a glance
- Upscale, authentic riad within 200 metres of the Jemaa el-Fna square
- Exquisitely decorated with cedar ceilings, marble, precious woods and tadelakt carved Zouak
- Seven individually decorated bedrooms with rich colours, fireplaces and antique period furniture
- All rooms have ensuite bathrooms with either a bath or shower
- Select rooms also have a seating or lounge area
- Lunch and dinner (featuring traditional Moroccan cuisine) is served in the courtyard, lounge or on the roof terrace
- Delicious complimentary breakfasts featuring Moroccan breads and pastries
For leisure and pleasure
- Tours around the main square and its myriad attractions
- Quad trekking in the valleys of Ourika and Asni
- Visits to traditional Berber villages
- Camping in the Sahara Desert
- On-site catering and cooking classes
- Lush central patio and a wonderful roof terrace overlooking the city
- Rooftop Jacuzzi, spa treatments and traditional Moroccan hammam