With its natural setting and comfortable accommodation, Elkwater Lake Lodge is the ultimate base for exploring the beautiful outdoor playground that is the Cypress Hills Interprovincial Park.
From cosy lodge suites to spacious alpine cabins and modern condos, the lodge has a variety of accommodation options to suit every traveller. All are comfortably appointed with plush beds, air conditioning and kitchenettes. Meals are served in the excellent Buglers restaurant, where the chefs utilise as much of the fresh, locally grown produce as possible in their creations.
At Elkwater Lake Lodge you’ll have the lush forests, fescue prairie and natural lakes of Cypress Hills Interprovincial Park at your feet. Whether you’re here for the weekend or an extended stay, outdoor-lovers will be able to take advantage of a full menu of exciting activities ranging from skiing and mountain biking to fly fishing, hiking, birdwatching and stargazing. Keep your eyes peeled for moose, deer and elk!
Elkwater Lake Lodge & Resort, at a glance
- Comfortable hotel and the premier base for exploring the beautiful Cypress Hills Interprovincial Park
- 31 comfortable suites, six cabins and 23 beautiful condominium suites with access to the pool area
- All rooms come with either a full kitchen or kitchenette, as well as coffee from the Madhatter Coffee Roastery in Medicine Hat
- Many suites also enjoy the addition of gas fireplaces and private decks
- Guests dine in the excellent Buglers Dining Room & Lounge where meals highlight the best of local produce
For leisure and pleasure
- Make use of the indoor saltwater swimming pool
- Enjoy a relaxing soak in the lodge’s large hot tub
- There are many areas throughout the property where you can unwind with a good book, including an outdoor rock fireplace and an expansive deck
- Superb wildlife viewing and birdwatching opportunities
- Experience downhill and cross country skiing
- Other year-round activities include hiking, fly-fishing, mountain biking and golfing