Originally built in 1850, this charming waterfront resort lies in the heart of Cape Breton, perfectly positioned at the start and end point of the iconic Cabot Trail.
Overlooking the glorious Bras d'Or Lake in the lovely village of Baddeck, the Ivenrary Resort combines its picturesque location with fresh local cuisine and an impressive menu of facilities. Rooms in the Main Lodge are beautifully appointed with upscale furnishings and walk-in showers, whilst the suites are spacious and luxurious with their separate living areas and propane fireplaces. For total privacy and comfort, the Cottage Suites offer the perfect sanctuary with full kitchens and private decks.
From skis and snowshoes to paddleboards and jet skis, the Invenrary promises year-round adventure for its guests. The resort is steps away from an expansive trail system through the Cape Breton Highlands, but for those who prefer to hit the links, is also within easy reach of one of Cape Breton’s top golf courses. The onsite dining options include a seasonal lakeside restaurant and laidback lobby lounge. After dusk, a roaring bonfire is set up with s’mores and live local entertainment. There’s also an indoor pool, spa, exercise room and sauna.
Inverary Resort, at a glance
- Charming waterfront property with 11 acres of gardens in Cape Breton Island
- Main Lodge rooms have hard surface floors, upscale furnishings and walk-in showers
- Suites are large and luxurious, with separate living spaces and propane fireplaces
- Private and comfortable Cottage Suites offer king beds, cosy living areas and private decks
- Many rooms have views of the sparkling Bras d’Or Lakes
- Lakeside Restaurant that highlights Nova Scotia’s bountiful seafood
- Laidback café and bar area
For leisure and pleasure
- Within walking distance of bustling downtown Baddeck
- Well located for exploring the Cabot Trail, the Fortress at Louisbourg and the Alexander Graham Bell Historic Site
- Practice your swing at the nearby Bell Bay Golf Club
- Guided snowshoe hikes, ice skating and Nordic ski trails
- Marina with watercraft rentals
- Multitude of lawn games and lounge chairs for enjoying the lake breeze
- Relaxing spa with six treatment rooms
- Indoor heated pool, hot tubs and dry sauna