With a sought-after location in Charleston’s historic downtown area, Charleston Place, A Belmond Hotel, is a hotel where modern luxury, vintage grandeur and world-class cuisine meet.
Stepping into the marble-floored, Georgian-style lobby, you’ll be welcomed by a sweeping open-arm staircase and dazzling chandelier. Inspired by the historic homes for which Charleston is renowned, the airy rooms come adorned with classic wainscoting, antique furniture and plush fabrics. Occupying the top two floors of the hotel, the Club Level rooms and suites boast the best skyline views.
The acclaimed Charleston Grill restaurant maintains its spot amongst the city’s top eateries, offering an irresistible blend of southern flavours, modern gastronomy and live jazz music. Meanwhile, the plant-filled Palmetto Café is the perfect setting for a lazy brunch, providing guests with the much-needed fuel for a day of sightseeing. When not visiting nearby historic plantations or navigating Charleston’s cobbled streets in a horse-drawn carriage, head up to the stylish rooftop bar for a signature Charleston Place Punch cocktail and dip in the 50ft infinity-edge saltwater pool.
Charleston Place, at a glance
- Grand hotel famed for its service and hospitality in Charleston’s historic downtown
- 434 handsome guestrooms and suites, including 72 at Club Level, with classic wainscoting and mahogany furnishings
- Club Level guests enjoy access to the plush two-storey Club Lounge among other exclusive benefits
- Lavish Italian marble bathrooms with brass fittings, walk-in rain showers and deep soaking tubs
- Award-winning restaurant, the Charleston Grill, serves exquisite southern cuisine alongside a curated wine list and live jazz music
- Airy Palmetto Cafe provides a scenic setting for breakfast, brunch and lunch
For leisure and pleasure
- Within walking distance of Charleston’s historic homes, gardens and churches
- Stylish rooftop bar complete with a 50ft infinity pool and retractable glass roof
- Cutting-edge spa, modern health club and beauty salon
- Local activities include plantation visits, city tours, beach picnics, dolphin watching and horse-drawn carriage tours
- Close to the city’s Waterfront Park where you can drink in sweeping harbour views
- On the doorstep of some of the best shopping and dining venues in the city