Set at the base of the Rincon Mountains, Tanque Verde combines unbridled (and beginner friendly) horseback adventures with plush, southwestern style guestrooms.
Founded in 1868 and imbued with the spirit of the old west, Tanque Verde ranks amongst America’s finest dude ranches. With its traditional adobe walls and Santa Fe-style architecture, the 60,000-acre property sits harmoniously amidst Arizona’s rugged desert landscape.
At Tanque Verde you’ll be able to see life through the eyes of the cowboys of old, riding horseback on well-trained steeds and soaking in the beautiful scenery of Saguaro National Park. You’ll also be able to enjoy guided hikes, biking, fishing and mountain climbing, as well an array of more leisurely pursuits that include yoga, art classes and tennis on the ranch’s own courts. Children, meanwhile, are catered for with riding lessons, guided fishing and fun nature walks.
Whether you opt for a soothing massage or refreshing skin treatment, Tanque Verde’s La Sonora Spa is the perfect antidote after the rigours of a day in the desert. You can also cool off with a dip in the spa’s indoor pool, complete with picturesque views of the mountain landscapes beyond.
Tanque Verde Ranch, at a glance
- All-inclusive, award-winning dude ranch in the foothills of the Rincon Mountains
- Located on 60,000 acres of breathtaking desert adjacent to Saguaro National Park and the Coronado National Forest
- Authentic southwestern decor throughout with the use of woven fabrics, leather upholstery, dark woods and metal light fittings
- Extremely comfortable guestrooms ranging from standard ‘salas’ to more spacious ‘casitas’
- Each has full private bathrooms, fireplaces and superb mountain or desert views
- Gourmet, southwestern dishes are served each day in the grand dining room
- Start your day with fresh fruit, yoghurt and breakfasts made to order
For leisure and pleasure
- Unwind at La Sonora Spa, where treatments are based on organic products
- Experience the old west on an array of guided horseback adventures for novices and experts alike, including cattle herding
- Guided hiking and mountain biking on desert trails
- The ranch also has its own tennis and basketball courts for guests to enjoy
- Enjoy swimming in indoor and outdoor pools
- Make use of the exercise rooms and saunas
- Practice golf at nearby championship courses
- Speciality dining events including ‘cowboy cookouts’
- Take part in art classes and line dancing lessons
- An array of fun activities and supervised programs for kid