A landmark property in downtown Memphis, the grand Peabody Memphis is one of the city’s most iconic hotels with a history dating back to the mid-19th century.
Since opening its doors in 1869, The Peabody Memphis has earned a reputation for its elegant charm, grace and warm southern hospitality. Proudly featured on the National Register of Historic Places, the hotel is also famed for its five resident Mallard ducks whose daily march to the lobby fountain has been a treasured tradition since 1940. The lobby is an attraction in itself, dubbed the “living room of Memphis” and admired for its high ceilings, gleaming marble walls and dazzling wooden chandeliers.
Fine southern comfort food with a modern twist can be enjoyed in the excellent Peabody Restaurant, whilst the sumptuously furnished guestrooms are equipped with all the modern luxuries you’d expect. Other facilities include the fabulous Feathers Spa and impressive Athletic Club complete with a Grecian-style indoor pool and whirlpool spa.
With its downtown location, guests have easy access to the attractions of the city, with Beale Street, Memphis Rock 'n Soul Museum, the National Civil Rights Museum and Sun Studio all just a couple of blocks away.
The Peabody Memphis, at a glance
- Landmark Memphis hotel originally built in 1869 and named after philanthropist George Peabody
- Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the luxurious property is known as the “South’s Grand Hotel”
- 463 fully renovated guestrooms and suites with beautiful marble bathrooms
- Commissioned artwork paying tribute to the city’s history and landscapes, as well as the Peabody Ducks
- Timeless decor featuring soothing neutral tones, rich fabrics and fine furnishings
- Award-winning Peabody Restaurant serving contemporary southern fare in the Chez Philippe dining room
- Famous Lobby Bar serving cocktails and light bites throughout the day
- Forbes Four-Star and AAA Four-Diamond ratings
For leisure and pleasure
- Full-service Feathers Spa offering a wide range of luxurious spa and salon treatments including massages, body wraps, facials and more
- Athletic Club fitted with all-new Cybex cardio equipment, a weight room, Grecian-style heated indoor pool and whirlpool spa
- Enjoy coffee, homemade ice cream and a wide array of tantalising desserts at the Peabody Deli & Desserts
- Watch the Peabody Ducks march to the lobby fountain along a red carpet twice daily at 11am and 5pm
- Learn more about the hotel’s past (and Peabody Ducks) on a one hour tour with The Peabody Duckmaster
- Indulge in a traditional English afternoon tea in the Chez Phillippe dining room