In the heart of the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Ouro Preto, stands the characterful Solar do Rosario hotel and guesthouse.
A charming building dating back to the 19th century, the hotel is perfect for those looking to explore the Baroque Portuguese architecture of the city.
After a complete renovation in 2008, the hotel now houses 41 guest rooms, each keeping the local character of the area.
There is a cosy restaurant which serves all meals, including afternoon tea. There is also an excellent wine cellar, a bar overlooking the Nossa Senhora do Rosário church, a heated pool, fitness room and a natural pool.
Guests can wander the cobbled streets of Ouro Preto, with its wealth of beautiful colonial architecture and many museums, art galleries and quaint shops. It is also possible to visit one of the nearby mines, which once made the area so rich during the gold-rush. For those keen on walking, the nearby Itacolomi State Park has a variety of trails and lots of diverse flora and fauna.
Its privileged location next to the Rosario Church and views of the S. Francisco de Paulo and Nossa Senhora do Rosario churches, makes Solar do Rosário an excellent place to stay when exploring Ouro Preto.
Solar do Rosário, at a glance
- Original building dates back to the early 19th century
- Completely restored in 2008
- 41 guest rooms, with period features
- Heated pool and fitness centre
- Cosy restaurant serving meals and afternoon tea
- Wonderful views directly from the hotel
- Only 2 hours from Belo Horizonte airport
For leisure and pleasure
- Explore the many churches and historic buildings of Ouro Preto
- Discover the gold-mining history of the area
- Spend time walking the trails in the Itacolomi State Park
- Enjoy the art galleries, boutiques and quaint shops in the town