A well-placed, traditional hacienda set on a working farm at the heart of Colombia’s beautiful coffee region.
Even the journey to Hacienda Bambusa is a treat, a scenic, winding drive through lush hillsides and fields of bamboo and pineapple. In keeping with the architectural style of the region, the property is constructed from bamboo and clay, framed by 100-year-old trees, tropical flowers and a 500-acre working farm. The immense, forested mountains of the Central Andes provide the ultimate backdrop.
Whether you’re looking for adventure or simply a chance to relax and reconnect with nature, Hacienda Bambusa can arrange a variety of experiences tailored to all inclinations. Activities on-site include birdwatching, mountain biking and learning how to prepare traditional Colombian recipes, as well as private coffee tastings with a certified local barista. Further afield you also have the opportunity for hot air ballooning, paragliding and hiking in the picturesque Cocora Valley.
Hacienda Bambusa, at a glance
- Beautifully preserved two-storey boutique hacienda in Colombia’s lush coffee region
- Set on a 500-acre working farm grazed by white Cebu Brahman cattle
- Eight spacious guestrooms decorated with the owner’s modern artwork
- Amenities include fine linens, private balconies, small living areas, hammocks, TVs, Wi-Fi and air conditioning
- Scenic views of the gardens or pool
- In-house restaurant serving delicious buffet breakfasts and regional delicacies
- Located in the province of Quindío
- 30 minute drive from Armenia Airport and a short flight from Bogota
For leisure and pleasure
- Relax in the beautiful garden with its tropical flowers
- Birdwatching and guided walks on the farm
- Complimentary mountain bikes
- Cooking lessons with the hotel’s chef
- Coffee and cacao tastings
- Yoga lessons and massages
- Horse riding on request
- Outdoor swimming pool with sun loungers