An eco-retreat in the lush grasslands of the Galapagos’ Santa Cruz Island, Montemar Eco Luxury Villas offers guests a new way of discovering the unique wildlife and vegetation of the Galapagos.
Montemar consists of two villas, both beautifully designed and built using natural materials from the Galapagos. In 43-acres of private land in the highlands of Santa Cruz island, the owners Reyna and Roberto have created a sustainable and private way to discover the Galapagos.
The two villas, Tortuga and Lechuza, are completely separate but can be rented together by groups. Tortuga is larger and has space for up to 8 guests and Lechuza up to 4. The villas have their own kitchenettes, but your stay is full-board, with ingredients coming from Montemar's own organic gardens and sustainably caught fish from the seafood market.
Sustainability is the main priority for Reyna and Roberto, and they have created Montemar to minimise its environmental impact. The villas produce their own energy and rainwater is collected. They also produce their own coffee, which is sold and proceeds support conservation efforts protecting the giant tortoises of the Galapagos.
Giant Tortoises are particularly important to Reyna and Roberto, who are both naturalist guides by trade. The highlands of the island are where the migration of these gentle giants takes place and it isn't uncommon to see large numbers of them roaming in Montemar's grounds.
During your stay you will be expertly looked after by Reyna and Roberto and all trips are tailored to meet their guests' interests. Whether it is wellness, a foodie experience, or an active holiday you are after, Montemar is the ideal choice for you. Explore Santa Cruz island with your naturalist guide, kayak, snorkel or visit the lava tunnels in the centre of the island. Boat trips to nearby islets can be organised too, as well as diving and other excursions.
Come with your family or your close friends to explore Galapagos with Montemar, the most sustainable option in the archipelago.
Montemar Eco Luxury Villas, at a glance
- Private villas in the highlands of Santa Cruz island in the Galapagos
- 43 acre private reserve in the migration zone of the giant tortoise
- 4 bedroom and 2 bedroom villa eco-luxury villas
- Owned by two naturalist guides from the Galapagos
- Farm to table cuisine
- Sustainable eco-villas, producing own energy and water
For leisure and pleasure
- Activities are bespoke and chosen depending on guests interests
- Nature walks on the islands, picnics on the beaches, visits to the local market
- Boat trips to neighbouring islands and visitors sites
- Snorkelling, kayaking and diving can be organised
- Specialist coffee workshops and culinary courses
- Yoga and spa treatments