Discover sleepy riverside villages, ethnic tribes and the untouched beauty of the Laotian countryside aboard the sumptuous Anouvong, named after the last monarch of the Vientiane Kingdom.
Traversing the lesser-travelled waters of the Laotian upper Mekong, Heritage Line’s Anouvong offers a serene, boutique sailing experience. The eight staterooms and two luxurious suites, which are among the region’s most spacious, come equipped with walk-in showers and floor-to-ceiling windows that open onto private or French balconies. The gorgeous interiors fuse elegant French-colonial accents with traditional Laotian handcrafted artwork.
Scattered with sun loungers, the alfresco terrace deck is a fabulous place to admire the passing riverscapes. The terrace deck also boasts an elegant, glass-enclosed cafe and lounge, whilst the spa in the stern of the ship offers a tranquil sanctuary where guests can enjoy massages and various beauty treatments. Traditional Laotian dishes are served against a backdrop of intricate gold leaf artwork in the De-Lagrée Dining Hall.
The Anouvong offers two wonderful journeys in this region. The first is a three-night cruise running from the Thai-Lao border town of Huay Xai to UNESCO-listed Luang Prabang. The second extends this journey further downstream to Vientiane. Both offer an exciting mix of adventure and on-board relaxation, including visits to remote riverside villages, jungle treks, kayaking adventures and excursions to attractions like the Pak Ou Caves. Each night you’ll moor at remote sandbank for cocktails or a wonderful BBQ.
Anouvong, at a glance
- Luxury river vessel cruising the upper waters of the Mekong River in Laos
- Traditional Laotian design with elegant French-colonial accents
- 10 luxurious staterooms and suites with private or French balconies
- Ensuite bathrooms with walk-in showers and Art Deco vanities
- Alfresco terrace deck with an air-conditioned café-bar and lounge
- A la carte and buffet-style meals served in the elegant dining hall
- Cooking and Tai Chi classes
- Daily sandbank BBQs and cocktail events
- Bodhi Spa offering private spa therapies, massages and reflexology treatments
- Insightful lectures and presentations on historical and cultural aspects of Laos
- Highlights include a traditional welcome ceremony with villagers, a soft jungle trek and kayaking on the Mekong
Where will the Anouvong take you?
- Huay Xai – Luang Prabang (or vice versa), 3 nights
- Huay Xai – Vientiane (or vice versa), 7 or 9 nights