Mere minutes from Mandalay Palace in the old royal capital of Myanmar, the Hotel by the Red Canal is an oasis of lush greenery and soothing water features.
This delightful boutique-style hotel provides a welcome retreat from the hustle and bustle of Mandalay. Named and decorated after Myanmar’s four major ethnic groups, the hotel’s 25 compact rooms offer a superior range of amenities alongside beautifully handcrafted teak and rattan furnishings. Select rooms also come with their own terraces, balconies or outdoor rain-showers. A small pool, fitness studio and impressive underground spa – complete with natural mud walls, terracotta tiles and running water features – make up the wellness facilities.
The hotel’s restaurant, the Spice Garden, offers what is arguably Mandalay’s finest dining experience, with delicious Myanmar and Indian dishes prepared fresh daily, alongside a selection of international favourites. Meanwhile, you’ll find the hotel is ideally placed for exploring attractions such as the Mandalay Palace, Shwenandaw Monastery and U Bein Bridge, whilst a short taxi or trishaw ride will bring you into the downtown area with its bustling night markets.
Hotel by the Red Canal, at a glance
- Inviting boutique hotel situated in the charming city of Mandalay in northern Myanmar
- Beautiful located beside a small canal
- Choice of 25 rooms uniquely designed after the Chin, Shan, Kachin and Rakhine ethnic groups
- Marble-lined bathrooms
- Select rooms feature a private balcony or outdoor veranda
- Home to the only Indian-Myanmar fine dining restaurant in the city
- Enjoy drinks at the Canopy Bar
For leisure and pleasure
- Close to a variety of cultural attractions, including the U Bein Bridge, Shwenandaw Monastery and Mandalay Palace
- Choose from a menu of Ayurvedic treatments and massages at the Prana Spa
- Freeform swimming pool
- Custom fitness studio and beauty salon
- Attractive gardens to unwind in
- Concierge on hand to arrange sightseeing and taxis