Though just 15 minutes from Mandalay’s city centre, Rupar Mandalar Resort and its tropical gardens feels like a hidden oasis.
A wonderful example of teak construction craftsmanship, the property infuses its traditional design with modern amenities. Accommodation comes in the form of 38 beautifully designed rooms and suites, all of which are air-conditioned with outdoor seating areas overlooking the lush gardens.
Bicycles are available to rent for those who want to explore the historic surrounding villages and cultural attractions. For those who choose to relax, the resort has not one but two large swimming pools for all your splashing and sunbathing needs. For deeper relaxation, the stunning teak-lined spa is the perfect haven, complete with a solid wood Jacuzzi and sauna. There’s also a small fitness centre for those looking to keep up their workout routine.
Cocktails and quick bites can be enjoyed by the pool, but you can also treat yourself to authentic Myanmar, Thai and Chinese dishes at the onsite restaurant - accompanied by a traditional Burmese puppet show.
Rupar Mandalar Resort, at a glance
- Romantic Mandalay hotel set amid lush, well-kept gardens
- Tranquil setting yet within easy reach of Mandalay’s bustling city centre
- 38 luxurious rooms and suites with outdoor seating areas
- Local teak furnishings and opulent silks
- Separate bathtubs and showers
- Restaurant serving a range of Myanmar, Thai, Chinese and European dishes
- Outdoor terrace bar
For leisure and pleasure
- Two large outdoor swimming pools
- Teak-walled spa set in a lovely three-room villa
- Sauna and Jacuzzi
- Small fitness centre
- Bicycles available for rent
- Tennis courts