With its enchanting location on the banks of the Perfume River, not far from the walls of the Imperial City, a stay at the Ancient Hue Garden Houses offers an authentic insight into Hue’s rich cultural heritage.
Constructed in the traditional Mandarin style and adhering to strict Feng Shui principles, this beautiful boutique property consists of just five wooden houses preserving the essence of Hue’s garden houses. Intimating the architecture of the Imperial Citadel and designed to work in harmony with nature, each house has its own individual theme but you can expect gorgeous Vietnamese interiors throughout with carved wooden pillars, glazed ceramic mosaics and decorative terracotta tiles. The property itself lies with other garden houses in the historic, well-preserved village of Kim Long - the former residential area of Hue’s noble class and high mandarins.
At the heart of the property lies a tiled heated swimming pool, beautifully framed by formal gardens and plush loungers, as well as a small spa with two treatment rooms. In the Kim Long Fine Dining Restaurant, you’ll be treated to local delicacies infused with European flavours - a modern-day take on the royal feasts served in the nearby Imperial Palace. Bicycles are on hand for guests to explore the Imperial City, whilst the concierge team can also arrange yoga, cooking classes, village visits and food tours.
Ancient Hue Garden Houses, at a glance
- Located just outside the city walls in the historic village of Kim Long, this is a wonderfully private base from which to explore Hue
- Overlooking the Perfume River and nearby Thien Mu Pagoda
- Five private wooden houses with private terraces, separate living rooms and ensuite bathrooms
- Sumptuous interiors featuring traditional folk colours, feudal architecture, beautifully carved wood panels and local artwork
- Each house is named after a different aspect of Vietnamese culture
- Dine on an extensive menu of traditional and Western dishes at the restaurant
- Enjoy cocktails and international wines at the lounge bar
For leisure and pleasure
- Complimentary bicycles are on hand for exploring Hue and the nearby Imperial City
- Relax by the heated outdoor pool surrounded by manicured gardens and sun loungers
- Facilities also include a small but pampering spa with two treatment rooms
- Sauna and steam room
- Yoga, cooking classes, bamboo paper art workshops and food tours can all be arranged by the concierge
- Enjoy excursions to nearby villages