One of St Petersburg’s most storied hotels, the opulent Grand Hotel Europe has been hosting Russia’s high society for over 100 years.
Standing proud amid the mighty landmarks of the Nevsky Prospekt, this stately hotel has played a central role in the life of St Petersburg since the 1870s. Today, guests can expect to be dazzled by its sweeping staircases, gilded stucco ceilings, sparkling chandeliers and stained glass murals. The rooms all come elegantly adorned with original Russian artwork and plush fabrics, but for a true taste of the hotel’s old-world charm, book yourself into one of the historically-themed suites with their restored antiques and dedicated butler service.
The dining experience at the Grand Hotel is equally impressive, encompassing a stunning art nouveau caviar bar, pan-Asian AZIA and the iconic L’Europe restaurant where authentic Russian delicacies are enjoyed alongside ballet performances. Other facilities include a health club complete with a sauna, gym and plunge pool. Stay here on your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Russia, and you’ll also find yourself within moments of St Petersburg’s wondrous museums, palaces, churches and cathedrals. Speak to the concierge about securing a private box at the Mikhailovsky Theatre.
Grand Hotel Europe, at a glance
• Landmark 19th century hotel set opposite to the Arts Square on Nevsky Prospekt
• Impressive facade and decorative interiors
• 266 elegant rooms and suites spread across 14 different room categories
• Neutral decor with antique furnishings and original Russian artwork
• Features include plush beds, writing desks, luxury toiletries and marble-clad bathrooms
• Two restaurants, a vintage Lobby Bar and an art nouveau Caviar Bar
• Indulge in authentic Russian afternoon tea at the cafe
For leisure and pleasure
• Within strolling distance of The Hermitage, the Russian Museum and impressive palaces
• Expertly guided tours around St Petersburg
• Boat tours along the city’s canals
• On-site caviar and culinary masterclasses
• Several elegant lounge areas
• Health Club, hair salon, gym, sauna and plunge pool
• Spa treatments
• Dedicated kid’s programme