A sunny location in southwestern Bulgaria, idyllic views and exquisite food and wine produced right on-site – what’s not to love about the Zornitza Family Estate?
Encompassed by the rich natural beauty of the Melnik region, a land of hot springs and rolling vineyards, this Relais & Châteaux property has a strong connection to its surroundings. The 3,000-acre property not only has its own truffle orchard and vineyard but raises livestock and produces its own honey, cheese and organic fruit and vegetables. The seasonal haute cuisine served in its restaurants is unsurprisingly superb, complemented by fine wines, stylish interiors and great views.
A collection of contemporary stone buildings with timber beams and red bricks, this Tuscan-style property accommodates its guests in six spacious private villas and nine homely hotel suites. There’s also a high-tech gym and holistic spa furnished with a number of relaxing pools. When you’re not sipping on fine vintages in the property’s impressive wine cellar, you can venture out to discover nearby wineries, museums, waterfalls and historic sites dating all the way back to the Northern Thrace and ancient Greece.
Zornitza Family Estate, at a glance
• Modern yet homely family estate set in the wine-producing region of Melnik in southwestern Bulgaria
• Built from traditional materials including stone, wood and brick
• Six private villas featuring a studio, bathroom, fireplace and large terrace with panoramic views
• Nine comfortable suites with modern amenities and spacious terraces
• 360-degree views of the surrounding vineyards, sand cliffs and mountain peaks
• Fantastic cuisine featuring produce from the on-site eco-farm
• aEstivum restaurant named after the Latin word for summer truffles
• Bistro 55 is a more laidback affair, with a menu that fuses the cuisines of Bulgaria, Asia and America
• Relais & Châteaux property
For leisure and pleasure
• Thirteen nearby wineries
• Taste exquisite wines in the property’s own cellar
• Zoma Spa offering holistic treatments, relaxing pools, sauna, steam room and Darphin Paris cosmetics
• On-site organic eco-farm and orchards producing fruit, vegetables, cheese, honey and truffles
• Explore nearby museums, waterfalls, monasteries, historic sites and hiking trails